The LEED® certified hotel is in Fiumicino, Italy, and has achieved LEED® certified status. It offers comfortable and welcoming spaces that meet the international standards of the group to which it belongs. In all common areas and rooms, high levels of quality meet the needs of leisure and business tourists from all over Europe, thanks to a formula that combines comfort, quality and hospitality.
Its strategic location on the Rome-Fiumicino street make this hotel perfectly connected to both Rome and Da Vinci Airport.
It is a new building with a modern appearance with an opaque and transparent envelope with high thermohygrometric performance, as required by the LEED® protocol. The glazed components have technical characteristics able to limit (with solar factor 0.25), the incident solar radiation and its propagation effects inside the building.
The systems allow high energy performance due to high efficiencies, as well as the lighting made entirely with LED luminaires. Particular attention has been paid, considering the intended use, to acoustic design to guarantee the comfort of each occupant.
1. Air handling units equipped with high-efficiency heat recovery
2. Outdoor air flow rates according to Ashrae 62.1.2010
3. Equipment with reduced potable water flow rate
4. Photovoltaic panels on the roof
5. Use of materials with low VOC emission and VOC content
6. Materials with high SRI
7. Thermal comfort of interior spaces
8. Energy-efficient exterior envelope
9. LED luminaires
10. Sustainable site waste management and indoor air quality control during construction phase
Via Giulio Romano 79, 00054 Fiumicino, Roma
Client: Gruppo Leonardo Caltagirone
Intended Use: Hotel
Period of construction: 2017 – 2018
Area: 4.280 mq
U.S. Green Building Council* website:
* U.S. entity involved in the development of the LEED® certification protocol.