The project was born at the end of 2014, in a difficult historical moment for the Italian real estate market and construction sector. The intent is to create a functional work space, a place where entrepreneurs and individual companies can use common spaces (offices, meeting rooms, etc.) to create an entrepreneurial network that allows for the development of relationships and cultural exchanges starting with the sharing of work spaces.
All this within a hyper-technological and interconnected building that, thanks to the automated and efficient management of plant and home automation systems, places the containment of energy consumption (water, lighting, energy inputs for air conditioning, etc.) and the comfort conditions of regular occupants and occasional visitors.
The site also provides green areas, outdoor plots, and reserved parking spaces in addition to the provision of environmentally friendly transportation services.
A significant reduction in potable water consumption has been achieved through the installation of high-efficiency devices and equipment and the adoption of a tank for the collection, treatment and reuse of rainwater. Similarly, the significant reduction in energy consumption of 55.84% compared to the equivalent standard was achieved through the application of a high-efficiency multipurpose air/water heat pump system, solar and photovoltaic systems for renewable energy production, and the presence of energy recovery systems in air handling units. In addition, a provision of green power produced from 100% renewable energy sources was selected.
Building materials were selected based on their reduced environmental impact due, for example, to their recycled material content or local resource sourcing.
The comfort of the building’s interior spaces was designed with consideration of thermal, lighting, and quality aspects of views. Strategies employed includes installation of sensors to monitor temperature and interior lighting levels, use of LED devices related to the presence of daylight.
The design of the building renovation was conducted methodically and carefully in every aspect; special care was also taken in the following issues:
– choice of the characteristics and type of building materials and finishes adopted;
– control of the cleanliness and safety of the construction site at every stage by preparing and implementing control plans and restraining measures;
– drafting of a targeted design towards indoor environment and lighting.
1. Air handling units with high efficiency heat recovery
2. Outside air flow rates according to Ashrae 62.1.2007
3. Sanitary appliances with reduced flow rates
4. Photovoltaic panels on roof
5. Finishing materials with high SRI
6. Energy-efficient outer envelope
7. LED luminaires
8. Sustainable site waste management and indoor air quality control during construction phase
9. Use of regionally sourced materials with low emissions and VOC content
10. Commissioning of installations
Via dell’Industria, 63 – 30010 Camponogara, VE
Client: House Build Silvania Srl
Intended Use: Offices, mixed use
Period of construction: 2015 – 2016
Area: 2.838 mq
U.S. Green Building Council* website:
* U.S. entity involved in the development of the LEED® certification protocol.