Very close to the Duomo, in the center of Milan, the Cavallotti-Verziere project has only one watchword: connectivity. The project involved the renovation of two existing buildings on Via Cavallotti and Via Verziere, and the construction of a new wooden connecting volume located in the inner courtyard of the block, creating an innovative space of more than 10,000 m2 for offices and retail. The renovation also included the redistribution of interior spaces to make them more functional and flexible, and thanks to new glass facades facing the inner courtyard, the area offers space, light, transparency and comfort. The design and construction approach adopted by the entire team included the adoption of best practices in environmental sustainability, resulting in a high-performing and sustainable building. Improved interventions on the envelope, such as the insulation of the existing walls and the complete replacement of all windows and doors with high-performance elements, have reduced the building’s overall energy demand and, consequently, consumption and emissions, ensuring greater comfort for all occupants. The ambitious goal is also pursued through the installation of photovoltaic panels on the roof and heat recovery units to support indoor air conditioning. Particular attention was paid to water saving through the installation of low-flow fixtures and the design of green spaces with the provision of a rainwater collection tank, which makes nullifying the consumption of potable water related to irrigation.
1. Air handling units equipped with high-efficiency heat recovery;
2. Outside air flow rates according to ASHRAE 62.1.2010;
3. Sanitary appliances with reduced water flow rates;
4. Photovoltaic panels on the roof;
5. Finishing materials with high SRI;
6. Energy-efficient outer envelope;
7. LED lighting bodies;
8. Sustainable site waste management and indoor air quality control during construction;
9. Use of EPD-certified building materials and PEFC-certified structural timber
10. Use of low-emission building materials.
Via Verziere 11 / Via Cavallotti 14, Milano
Client: Impresa CEV S.p.A.
Intended Use: Offices
Period of construction: 2019 – 2021
Area: 10.026 mq
U.S. Green Building Council* website:
→ Project Info
* U.S. entity involved in the development of the LEED® certification protocol.