Systems and Building Envelope Commissioning Authority
We also take on the role of Commissioning Authority (CxA) by managing a systems and building envelope’s entire commissioning process in cooperation with construction management and contractors. Commissioning (Cx) consists of a set of procedures, responsibilities and methods used to lead a technological or building system from the installation phase to full-fledged operation according to its intended design. Cx, therefore, takes the form of a global quality control applied to the construction process.
We therefore fulfil the following activities as Commissioning Authority:
- coordinating the working group involved in commissioning;
- validating project documentation to ensure OPR (Owner Project Requirements) and BOD (Basis Of Design) coincide
- creating the Commissioning Plan (Cx Plan);
- carrying out site visits to perform functional tests;
- coordinating operator training activities;
- reviewing operation and maintenance manuals;
- compiling required documentation for audits by the certifying body, if the process is part of an application for a sustainability rating;
Commissioning is commonly carried out on new buildings, but can also be conducted on existing buildings as part of a systematic performance improvement process that identifies and implements operation and maintenance upgrades with a quick return on investment.